Here is a view of New York City surrounding the great green expanse called Central Park.
In today’s climate of fear, I relish this memory of a great green park inside a great big pile of skyscrapers. I see this relationship as mutually nourishing. A GREAT PILE OF SKYSCRAPERS RISES UP TO PROTECT A GREAT EXPANSE OF GREEN GRASSY PARK THAT THEN NOURISHES THOSE SKYSCRAPERS AS THEY REACH TO TOUCH THE SKY.
As a small child I thought the park was heavenly, and the skyscrapers earthbound. Now I think I don’t want one without the other. AMEN
1 comment:
What I am reading and hearing on the NEPM news is that, thanks to climate change, our cities are "sinking". Scientists are seeking new ways to prevent drought and extract extra water from the environment rather than from ground water. Such information can be found under "water practices". Scary times indeed.
Post a Comment