Sunday, May 12, 2024

2024.05.12 Mothers' Day, Lyn G. Brakeman, Spiritual Lemons, blog post

I pray this prayer from John 17, one of Jesus's farewell discourses to his friends and disciples, as I lay myself down to sleep each night:   Dear God, bless my children, Bev, Jill, Rob, John, and stepchildren, Matthew Mark and Honor, and grandchildren all—Gillian, Isabella, Ali, Luke, Lucia,Thomas, Harrison, Will, Eliza, Brianjohnson, Phoebe, Dylan.

I consecrate  myself to Thee for their sake, that they too may be consecrated in Thy Word—Thy Word is Truth. AMEN.   (John 17 paraphrase)   

                                *  *  *  * 

“The world needs to look to mothers and women to find peace, to break out of the spirals of violence and hatred, and to regain a human gaze and a seeing heart.”  Pope Francis


And various godmothers, friends, known and unknown, of any gender, including animals, along the way.  AMEN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother’s Day to you Lyn!!! You who have been a mothering (honoring, encouraging, challenging, discerning, prayerful, loving, wise )
priest to me and so many others. Today, especially, may you be embraced by the Trinity: Womb, Warmth, and Weaver

Anonymous said...

, ❤️ marya

Lyn G. Brakeman said...

Thank you dear friend. I'll tell my kids too. :)